- Adjunct Professor, Global Health
- Professor, Env. and Occ. Health Sciences
- Adjunct Professor, Epidemiology
Hans Rosling Center for Population Health
2980 15th Avenue NE
Seattle, WA 98105
Select from the following:
My group does research on the ecology and epidemiology of enteric (food and waterborne) diseases. For further information: https://deohs.washington.edu/hsm-blog/carving-her-own-path
- Child and Adolescent Health (incl. Pediatrics)
- Child Mortality
- Diarrheal Diseases
- Disease Surveillance
- Environmental Health (incl. Climate Change)
- Host-Pathogen Interactions
- Infectious Diseases
- Infectious Diseases (other than STDs)
- Maternal Child Health (incl. Reproductive Health)
- Neglected Diseases, Tropical Medicine (incl. Parasites)
- Nutrition, Clean Water, and Food Security
- Urban Health
- Waterborne Diseases
- Zoonotic Diseases and Animal Health
Jesser, K.J., K. Levy. 2020. Updates on defining and detecting diarrheagenic Escherichia coli pathotypes. Current Opinions in Infectious Diseases 33(5): 372-380.
Smith, S.M., L. Montero, M. Paez, E. Ortega, E. Hall, K. Bohnert, X. Sanchez, E. Puebla, P. Endara, W. Cevallos, G. Trueba, K. Levy. 2019. Locals Get Travelers' Diarrhea Too: Risk factors for diarrheal illness and pathogenic E. coli infection across an urban-rural gradient in Ecuador. Tropical Medicine & International Health 24(2): 205-219.
Delahoy, M.J., C. Carcamo, L. Ordoñez, V. Vasquez Apestegui, B. Lopman, T. Clasen, G.F. Gonzales, K. Steenland, K. Levy. 2020. Impact of rotavirus vaccination varies by level of access to piped water and sewerage: an analysis of childhood clinic visits for diarrhea in Peru, 2005-2015. The Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal 39(8): 756-762.
Levy, K., A.P. Woster, R.S. Goldstein, E.J. Carlton. 2016. Untangling the impacts of climate change on waterborne diseases: A systematic review of relationships between meteorological factors and diarrheal diseases. Environmental Science & Technology 50(10): 4905-22.
Lee, D., H.H. Chang, S.E. Sarnat, K. Levy. 2019. Precipitation and Salmonellosis Incidence in Georgia: Interactions Between Extreme Rainfall Events and Antecedent Rainfall Conditions. Environmental Health Perspectives 127(9): 97005.