- Adjunct Associate Professor, Global Health
- Associate Professor, Radiology
825 Eastlake Ave E, G-2600
Seattle, WA, WA 98109
Select from the following:
Dr. Scheel is a physician at the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance and a UW assistant professor of radiology. Dr. Scheel earned his B.S. with high honors from the University of California, Riverside. He earned his M.D. and Ph.D. from the University of California, San Diego and completed his radiology residency and breast imaging fellowship at the University of Virginia.
His clinical practice includes all aspects of breast imaging, including mammography, ultrasound, MRI and tomosynthesis and breast interventional procedures. His research activities are focused on identifying and addressing health care access barriers in underserved communities (both locally and globally).
- MD (University of California (San Diego))
- PhD (University of California (San Diego))
- BS (University of California (Riverside))
- Health Disparities
- Health Promotion
- Health Technologies
- Implementation Science
- Evaluating the Dissemination and Interpretive Performance of the Breast Imaging Reporting and Data System after its Implementation in Uganda
- Reducing Healthcare System Delays Contributing to Late-stage Breast Cancer Diagnosis in Uganda
- Therapeutic Impact of Pre-operative CESM in Colombian Women with Newly Diagnosed Breast Cancer
Scheel JR, Parker, S, Hippe, D, Patrick DL, Nakigudde G, Anderson BO, Gralow JR, Thompson B, Molina Y. Role of Family Obligation Stress on Ugandan Women’s Participation in Preventive Breast Health. The Oncologist, 2018; 23:1-8. DOI:10.1634/theoncologist.2017-0553; PMID: 30072390
Molina Y, Ornelas IJ, Scheel JR, Bishop J, Doty SL, Patrick DL, Beresford SAA, Coronado GD. Understanding complex roles of family for Latina health: Evaluating family obligation stress. Family and Community Health, 2019.
Lee JM, Partridge SC, Liao GJ, Hippe DS, Kim AE, Lee CI, Rahbar H, Scheel JR, Lehman CD. Double reading of automated breast ultrasound with digital mammography or digital breast tomosynthesis for breast cancer screening. Clinical Imaging, 2019; 55:119-125. DOI:10.1016/j.clinimag.2019.01.019
Expert Panel on Breast Imaging (Scheel JR). Stage I Breast Cancer: Initial Workup and Surveillance for Local Recurrence and Distant Metastases in Asymptomatic Women. JACR in press.
Sharp JW, Hippe DS, Nakigudde G, Muyinda Z, Molina Y, Scheel JR. Modifiable patient-related barriers and their association with breast cancer detection practices among Ugandan women without a diagnosis of breast cancer. PLOS ONE, 2019;14(6) DOI.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0217938