Please download and review the 2020 GHCE Syllabus, so you may have an idea of what is expected of GHCE program participants.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Discuss the relationship between health and the social determinants of health.
- Identify barriers to health and healthcare in low-resource settings.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the major causes of morbidity and mortality in the region in which they are working.
- Demonstrate an understanding of healthcare delivery strategies in low-resource settings.
- Demonstrate and understanding of cultural and ethical issues in working with underserved populations.
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt clinical skills and practice in a resource-constrained environment.
- Demonstrate humility, flexibility, professionalism, and cultural sensitivity when working within a different healthcare context.
- Acceptance into the Clinical Global Health Elective program.
- Agree to comply with the program standards of conduct
- Attend a 1-day, 8 hour orientation (in person, non-negotiable).
- Submit weekly summaries of clinical activities, signed by your supervisor.
- Submit three written case reports.
- Give a brief talk on a particular clinical topic.
- Submit two one-page reflective essays on your experience.
- Update the Site Country Manual.
- Complete a course evaluation form.
- Attend an exit interview.
- Submit a clerkship evaluation (completed by your supervisor).