Global Health Resource Center (GHRC)
GLOBAL HEALTH RESOURCE CENTER LIBRARY
The Global Health Resource Center has a small in-house library that has a selection of books and videos on topics of interest in global health. Please visit us in Harris Hydraulics Room 316B to take a look at our materials which we can lend for a short period of time to current students, faculty, and staff.
WORLD HEALTH CINEMA FILM SERIES
The World Health Cinema (WHC) film series was established in 2006 as a monthly film series aimed at showcasing global health topics through documentary and feature films. Throughout the year, we occasionally screen new global health films. Many of the screenings are accompanied by panel discussions and Q&A sessions with the producer and/or director. To find out more, check out our Department of Global Health calendar, or contact the GHRC at 206.685.7362. Click here to view a selection of our previously screened films.
- Everyday Leadership - The International Training and Education Center for Health (I-TECH) launched a new website on leadership that includes a rich cross-section of videos clips and curriculum materials suitable for use in classroom trainings, distance learning programs, and as tools for self-reflection. Videos are created from more than 60 interviews with global health leaders from Africa, India, the Caribbean, Europe, and the United States, organized into two categories: longer profiles in leadership and shorter teaching clips.
- Consortium of Universities for Global Health (CUGH) - The Global Health Education Consortium (GHEC) developed a bibliography of selected citations for use by students and faculty interested in global health, and this is available as part of CUGH's resources. It includes a Global Health Booklist, and training materials for trainees and faculty.
- Health Sciences Healthlinks Digital Library - The University of Washington Library's comprehensive resource for global health featuring databases, publications, and teaching tools. Visit the Global Health Toolkit.
- CIA World Factbook - The World Factbook provides information on the history, people, government, economy, geography, communications, transportation, military, and transnational issues for 267 world entities.
- Gapminder - established by Hans Rosling, this site provides helpful statistics, video, and visual models for global health data. A must see!
- Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME) - for the latest data on global health, including a database of population health datatasets from around around the world and how to visualize IHME data.
- World Health Organization - WHO is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.